NOW it's done
Oct. 10th, 2010 07:33 pmI posted that the frilled veil was done, but now it's really done. I stitched the two layers together so they don't slide around on my head.
One thing I'd considered before making it was the choice between a rectangular veil and one that has a semicircle back. The rectangular veil needs some creative pinning to make work, which was a count against it. But the semicircular back wouldn't be a simple folded layer, and once you do the pinning, all looks just fine. I still have to play a bit with the pinning, but it's at the 80% point, I think.
And now I also have some pictures:

The back, all pinned up.


The two layers tacked together.

Me!

Hopefully, I'll have pictures of the whole outfit next weekend. Medieval hairpieces always look goofy with jammies. :-D
One thing I'd considered before making it was the choice between a rectangular veil and one that has a semicircle back. The rectangular veil needs some creative pinning to make work, which was a count against it. But the semicircular back wouldn't be a simple folded layer, and once you do the pinning, all looks just fine. I still have to play a bit with the pinning, but it's at the 80% point, I think.
And now I also have some pictures:

The back, all pinned up.


The two layers tacked together.

Me!

Hopefully, I'll have pictures of the whole outfit next weekend. Medieval hairpieces always look goofy with jammies. :-D